Sunday, February 12, 2012

uncertainties

The future is full of uncertainties - at least mine is. Sometimes I wish it wasn't so uncertain, but if everything was certain, what would be the point of life? There wouldn't be a freedom of choice. It would merely be a script. I believe God uses these little uncertainties to test our faith and to help us keep growing. The goal is for us to become closer to God. It is not merely for us overcome one struggle because life is full of them, one after the other. Though I don't know the future, I would hate to settle for a mediocre life. Many people believe in the "American Dream," but is that what I'm living for? No, it's not. Yes, it would be nice to have a good job, nice house, a family, but at the end of my life, something would still be empty. I want a live a life devoted to God because I know it'll be completely worth it in the end. I know there will definitely be struggles, but I trust that God will give me the best life. He has the best plans for me -- Jeremiah 29:11. Don't settle for a mediocre life. Though it seems promising and secure, it's not. I want to have a meaningful life. I want to pursue God throughout my life.

Something I relearned this weekend. With glory comes suffering. They cannot be separated. Without suffering, glory cannot be achieved. Without a doubt in life, there is suffering, but we have hope in Jesus. "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf" (Hebrews 6:19-20a) In Hebrews, the author talks about the certainty of God's Promises, for they never fail.

Today we had a message about warnings of falling away. I need to be careful not to fall away. I need to keep checking myself and keep striving to learn more about God.

Retreat this weekend! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)