Monday, May 7, 2012

surprise!

There were many surprises today. It didn't feel like I was taking an official AP Chem Exam today. That wasn't the surprise. The surprise was that it was harder than I expect it to be. Oh well, it's over and I need to move on and stop dwelling on it. I gave it to God and I know that God's going to take care of it all. (:

When you trust your life with God, there's so many exciting twists and turns! I don't know what's coming up in the future -- or even the near future, but I know that it's good. There's definitely some painful lessons that God has been teaching me so that I can completely depend on him, but it's all worth it. My God is victorious in the end. I'm learning that it's the best when I trust Him with my life.

A twist today. Today was the first NHS meeting for the juniors. Probably the one and only meeting of this year. Surprise. I just found out Saturday that there was a meeting today when I went to take the SAT at school. I assumed we would be electing officers and whatnot, but I wasn't really concerned. I thought about running for office a month ago, but dismissed it because I didn't want to do it out of pride or anything like that. Also I wanted to be able to be free for TLC next year. Then at that point, I just gave it up to God. Then today was elections! It started with the president. While they were giving speeches, I was thinking -- "hmm should run." I asked my friend "should I just run for VP?" and she said "yeah! run!" Then the five people finished giving their speeches and surprise - Chris won. (not really a surprise...) Anyways then they called for people running for vice president and I just went up and talked for like a minute, haha. It was really short compared to the other people. All the people I was running against were all really qualified. While we were waiting for people to vote in the corner, I was just like "God, if it's your will, then would you just let it happen. If it's not, its okay." After waiting for a long time, we went in and I found out... I won by one vote, hahaha. Then I knew that it was God's work because he does funny things like that. Like how I did one point better on my PSAT this year than last year's. Then for secretary, Praveen won! It was really funny because it's all TLC people. TLC to NHS. I think God has a plan for next year. I don't know what it is, but He does and it's going to great. I just have to continue to say "yes" to whatever he asks of me. (:

I know NHS is a lot of work and there's going to be difficulties, but I hope I learn a lot from it! It's no coincidence that it's Chris, Praveen, and me.

But whatever happens, I have to remind myself to put God's kingdom first. "But seek first his kingdom and righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).

Following God comes with this peace and joy that I cannot explain. As I said before, I'm going to laugh throughout this week. It's actually not as stressful as I thought it was going to be. It's pretty chill, but maybe it's because I'm caring less...which is bad.

God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)