Tuesday, May 29, 2012

happenings

It feels like the first time in days that I'm able to sit down and write because I'm not doing something (except I only have 30 minutes). I've been really sleepy lately and so I've been sleeping more lately. I really can't believe the weekend is already gone. A few months ago I thought I wouldn't have much to do because it was the end of the year, but I was wrong. All the things I have now are not schoolwork, but fun things as well because there is a time for everything under heaven. I realized that it's harder for me to rely on God during the good times. When I'm struggling, I know that he is near and I know he will bring me through it. Even though I'm struggling, I'm growing. However when everything is good, it's hard for me to remember. I love it when everything is going well, but sometimes I forget that I need to depend on God. I have to depend on God through all the times.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15). 
Today is Roosevelt's graduation. My friends are graduating and it's time for celebration! I'm excited for them as they move on with their life to college or whatever God has in store for them. I'll be seeing them less, which is really sad, but I know that God has the best for them. I hope they continue to seek Him before anything. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).

I started driving school yesterday at Blue Bird. It's not too bad. It's actually kind of interesting, but it's hard to be in there for three hours. Thinking about it, going to school and then going to that is going to be tough.

I'm really excited for the Mexico Missions trip! But we need to do a lot in a month. We need to:
1) Nail the skit
2) Work on our VBS
3) Learn more Spanish songs
4) Pray, pray, pray.
5) Fund-raise!

Yesterday was Memorial Day and so, we had our annual picnic at Seneca State Park. Surprisingly it didn't rain while we were there (it usually rains every year on Memorial Day). I felt like I was burning out there in the sun, but I didn't burn. Maybe I got darker, but it's kind of hard to tell, haha. There were so many little kids running around. 

Eight more days of school left! It already feels like summer vacation, but I have to finish strong!

Oh yeah, SAT subject tests this Saturday. I have no idea why I signed up for these. Well, it's better than not taking them, but I'm afraid I forgot my physics & chemistry and it's really hard studying right now. 

Well whatever I do, I need to surrender it to God and He'll take care of it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)