Friday, May 4, 2012

prayer

It's May! It's the month that everyone has been looking forward to all year. Yet despite all this, I don't feel anxious. Maybe it's not hitting me yet that I'm taking the real AP exams in less than a week, but I don't think that's it. I have confidence in God that he is victorious in everything. I'm learning to simply trust Him with everything. From the smallest things to the biggest things. I really cannot do everything or be in control of everything. Why not let my future be in the hands of God -- somewhere safe? (:

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"Jesus replied, 'I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.'"

I really believe God wants us to ask Him for big things. He can do them and he wants us to believe that he can do them. Everywhere I turn, I keep seeing the word "pray." There seems to be huge obstacles in life right now, but Jesus is telling us to pray. By praying, we show Him that we completely rely solely on Him.

Do you believe God can do big things? I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)